Health & Medical Assignment on Hypertension Assessment Activities
Hypertension is one of the most common chronic diseases you will diagnose and manage as NPs. The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) is the main regulator of blood pressure and several drug classes work on this cascade. The JNC-8 EBP guidelines will be your gold standard for blood pressure management.
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.Get Answer Over WhatsApp Order Paper Now
Just from $16/Page
Conduct a search using Access® on JNC-8 Lipid and RAAS guidelines.
Create a diagram showing the RAAS cascade using standard flowchart symbols (boxes, shapes, and arrows). Include the following in your diagram:
- Identify the proper organs that are part of the RAAS cascade.
- Insert the following terms in the proper location within the cascade.
- Angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE)
- Angiotensin II
- Angiotensin I
- Identify where in the cascade each of the following mediation classes works by clearly notating your diagram:
- Renin inhibitor
- ACE inhibitor
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARB)
- Aldosterone inhibitor
Write a 90-word summary of your diagram.